Please note that the services offered by the Firm are not limited to the below practice area. For full details of the services that the Firm offers, please go to our Services page.
Range of Fixed Fees for a Business to Business Debt that is Undisputed
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Our Fee (incl. VAT)
Up to £5,000
Between £35.00 and £205.00 (Depending upon amount of debt)
£1,000.00 (£200.00 VAT)
£5,001 - £10,000
£2,000.00 (£400.00 VAT)
£10,001 - £50,000
5% value of the claim
£3,000.00 (£600.00 VAT) or 15% value of the claim (whichever is the higher)
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- There is no guarantee that any or all of the legal fees will be recovered.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
- The costs do not include additional costs that would be incurred if the matter is disputed.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation.
- Undertaking appropriate searches.
- Sending a Letter Before Action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing a claim.
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the Court to enter Judgement in default.
- When Judgement in default is received, write to the other side to request payment.
- If payment is not received as ordered or agreed, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs.
Matters may take between 4 and 12 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. If it is necessary to issue a claim at Court, it may take a further 6 to 12 weeks before we are in a position to advise upon the response to the claim, the terms of payment or any further dispute that may arise from the Defendant’s response. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
Quotations in Respect of Costs and Amendments or Increases
It is important to note that the above references to legal costs are estimates. Where fixed fees or a range of costs is provided, this is provided on the basis of the assumptions detailed in respect of the potential work to be completed. The exact costs will depend upon the individual circumstances of any matter. Angels Solicitors LLP is proud of the fact that we take extreme care in assessing the risk in any matter at the outset, identifying the worst and best case scenarios, calculating the cost to benefit ratio, assessing the difficulties that may arise and identifying the most cost-effective manner in which any legal issue can be resolved. The fees can on occasion be higher than the fixed fees or ranges given above. The Firm retains the right to provide final details as to costs, which may be different to the details set out above, after it has assessed the risk in respect of any particular matter and considered the extent of the work to be completed. If, after fixed fees or a range of fees is agreed with you, the matter becomes more lengthy or complex than anticipated, we will discuss any further work that may be required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary.
It is important to note that, in respect of each area of work detailed above, disbursements are likely to be incurred. Disbursements are costs payable to another organisation or individual which are incurred by Angels Solicitors LLP as agency for you as our client. It is therefore important to note that disbursements or costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Court fees, are not legal fees of Angels Solicitors LLP. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process and you are required to reimburse us in respect of any disbursements that need to be reasonably incurred in enabling us to complete our work upon your behalf.