We are looking for an ambitious and determined Private Client Solicitor to join our team. Preferably 1 to 2 years post qualification (although any PQE will be considered)
We are a Lexcel accredited firm. The successful applicant must, at all times, conduct themselves in accordance with the standards dictated by Lexcel.
The firm is dedicated to provide all clients with a quality service with an emphasis on being friendly, approachable and a safe pair of hands.
As a Private Client Solicitor with this firm, you will be expected to run a caseload with a varied mix of Private Client matters including:
- Wills and Probate
- Administration of Estates
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Inheritance Tax Planning and Trusts
- Court of Protection and Deputyship
The role will include:
- Preparing Lasting Powers of Attorneys
- Drafting Wills
- Drafting Applications to the Court of Protection
- Providing assistance to the appointed Deputy
- Preparing Annual Reports including Tax Returns
- Preparing Estate and Distribution Accounts
- Preparing Bills
- File management
Personal Characteristics to include but are not limited to:
- Ability to work using own initiative and work as part of a team and contribute to the continued success of the firm
- Excellent client care skills including an ability to demonstrate an understanding of client's needs and expectations
- Time-management skills which are non-negotiable
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Strong organisational skills as the role will involve the efficient and cost effective management of multiple files
- Good communication skills are crucial as you will have regular client contact and will often be required to explain complex areas of law in a simple and coherent way
- Ability to process financial information and figures
- Knowledge and experience with Wills, Probate and Court of Protection
- Business development and networking
- Proven financial performance with an excellent track record of billing and accounting for time
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to progress their career working within a busy and friendly team. You will be offered a competitive salary with a structured review process. You will also be offered the opportunity of life-long training.
If you have the applicable experience and the skills referred to above, then please apply for this job by emailing a covering letter and a typed CV for the attention of Susan Wharton.
Please note that previous experience and salary levels are purely a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00 to £45,000.00 per year
Benefits: Possible Bonus Scheme